Margate Health Care Center
5951 Colonial Dr.
Margate, FL 33063
Phone (954) 979-6401
Fax (954) 970-7016
Margate Health Care Center is a short-term rehabilitation and respite care center located directly behind North West Medical Center in Northern Broward County. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Humana, Medicaid-pending, Private Pay and most secondary insurances. We have a Medicaid specialist on-site to assist you with the Medicaid application process.
At Margate Health Care Center, our goal is to meet the needs of our residents. We work to restore hope, confidence, and instill a desire to achieve one’s highest level of independence. We want our residents’ experience here to be as much like home as possible, and to achieve that goal we incorporate a full continuum of services.
Our 170 bed long term and rehab unit offers comfort and care for those who wish to make Margate their home permanently or for those who are planning to stay only until they have reached their full rehab potential.
• Located in Margate, FL
• Conveniently located directly behind North West Medical Center
• Within close proximity to shops, restaurants and major highways
• On-site beauty salon and barber shop
• Cable television services
• On-site religious services
• Internet café with wireless access
• Daily newspaper delivery
• Enclosed outdoor courtyard area
• Executive chef prepared meals
• Specialized diets followed by a Registered Dietitian
• Laundry and housekeeping services
• Full day of activities
Health care services
• Physical, occupational and speech therapy
• Specialty care includes joint replacements, post-stroke care, pulmonary diseases, neurological disorders, post-surgical care, orthopedic aftercare, hip fractures, cardiac care, amputations and many other ailments
• Vital Stim and ultrasound therapy
• IV therapy, wound care and tube feeding
• Colostomy care and effective Restorative Program
• Complex medical and pain management
• Psychological and hospice care
• 24-hour nursing care
• Extended visitation hours, as appropriate